2/05/2017

LPF12 — Missiles

                                                                                                                                                         

First time I came across LPF12, while listening his album Circular Collapse, second time was the track Sepia Days as a part of compilation Colonization: Empty Channels of Mars. In my mind it appeared several images with a moving galactic machine at the highest possible speed was being chased by a synthesizer in a deserted place surrounded by ambient sounds.

This music sounds impressed me much, but that was the last time I’ve heard any of his tracks. That’s why the news about his new album Missiles appeared to be highly enjoyable. At the very night I got down to the listening to it, and the first track Nan_O involved me into distinctive sounds of LPF12, the feeling that I was plunged into a fantastical soundtrack didn’t leave me all these 9 minutes. Plain Interest is a track, which can easily take any almost forgotten or stray reminiscence out of your heart, keyboard sounds like ice splinters, like distant drone, it’s all so close to me, so familiar. Open Invitation is a track, which hidden movement, action that is embedded inside and revealed itself through broken drums and melodies, hold the listeners constantly strained.

Missiles is a complicated album, however the disturbed and anxious beauty of a real inner trip throughout anybody’s universe keeps you alive, and perfectly matches with winter behind a windowpane. After the listening of the whole album, I can say that Sascha Lemon’s (LPF12) mastery keeps growing, the level of musical structures are getting more and more complicated, more serious. Additional noises, fx and the presence of idm rhythms and keyboard textures, drawing their magnificent landscapes, make the music much deeper. One of the last tracks Arya takes us away into glacial desert of outer space, it creates the feeling of an interstellar flight and brings joy. That’s wonderful.
«Missiles» is a deep and disturbing trip into my heart and soul – perhaps deeper than ever before.   
The music may be uncomfortable sometimes, and it is definitely edgy and enexpectable. 
«Missiles» is me. 
Now.

Listen

Author: Andrei Vasilevsky